Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Policy
CSR policy encompasses the Company’s philosophy for delineating its responsibility as a Corporate Citizen and lays down the guidelines and mechanism for carrying out socially useful activities/ projects and programs for welfare and sustainability, development of the community at large. Company is since its inception has seen as responsible to society and has pioneered in undertaking activities which promote various social and charitable objectives. The Company has already spent amounts for social and charitable activities over the past several years.
Areas of activities to be undertaken
The activities will be executed directly or through registered and accredited trusts, society, or NGOs or in collaboration with other companies. The Company shall be undertaking activities in the following areas.
– Eradicating hunger, poverty, and malnutrition, promoting health care including preventive health care and sanitation including contribution to the Swach Bharat Kosh setup by the Central Government for the promotion of sanitation and making available safe drinking water.
– Promoting education, including special education and employment enhancing vocation skills, especially among children, women, youth, elderly, and differently-abled persons, and livelihood enhancement projects
– Promoting gender equality, empowering women, setting up homes and hostels for women and orphans; setting up old age homes, daycare centers and other facilities for senior citizens, and measures for reducing inequalities faced by socially and economically backward groups
– Ensuring environmental sustainability, ecological balance, protection of flora and fauna, animal welfare, agroforestry, the conversation of natural resources, and maintaining the quality of soil, air, and water including contribution to the Clean Ganga Fund set up by the Central Government for rejuvenation of river Ganga.
- Protection of national heritage, art, and culture including restoration of buildings and sites of historical importance and works of art and setting up of public libraries, promotion and development of traditional art and handicrafts;
- Measures for the benefit of armed forces veterans, war widows and their dependents, Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) and Central Para Military Forces (CPMF) veterans, and their dependents including widows;
- Training to promote rural sports, nationally recognized sports, Paralympics sports, and Olympic sports
- Contribution to the Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund or Prime Minister’s Citizen Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situations Fund (PM CARES Fund) or any other fund set up by the Central Government for socio-economic development and relief and welfare of the Schedules Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, other backward classes, minorities, and women.
i. (a) Contributions to incubators or research and development projects in the field of science, technology, engineering and medicine, funded by the Central Government or State Government or Public Sector Undertaking or any agency of the Central Government or State Government; and
(b) Contributions to public-funded Universities; Indian Institute of Technology (IITs); National Laboratories and autonomous bodies established under the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE); Department of Biotechnology (DBT); Department of Science and Technology (DST); Department of Pharmaceuticals; Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH); Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology and other bodies, namely Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO); Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR); Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), engaged in conducting research in science, technology, engineering and medicine aimed at promoting Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Rural Development projects
- Slum area development.
Explanation.- For the purposes of this item, the term `slum area’ shall mean any area declared as such by the Central Government or any State Government or any other competent authority under any law for the time being in force.
- Disaster management, including relief, rehabilitation, and reconstruction activities
Composition of CSR Committee:
|Sl No.||Name of Director||Designation/ Nature of Directorship|
|2||Mr.Saji Varkey Cherian||Member|
|3||Mr.Reji Mathew Cherian||Member|